Weight Loss Since Surgery

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Week Five

Not too much new today.
I went back to work yesterday. It was great being back.

As of this morning I've lost 28.5 lbs. It seems unreal to me.
I'm still having to make myself eat. I don't really get hungry so I forget to eat.
Last night was a little rough. I was moody and just simply wanted "normal" food.
I know its coming.. another week and I can have any food my body will tolerate (within reason).
It's not that I want a huge plate of whatever, I just want a bite, a taste. But its ok. I'll make it through to next week. :)

Today I have to go buy fabric for the hot tub cover. I need to do some calculations before I go. Right now I need 18 yrds and that seems like alot. So I'm going to see if I do it another way, sideways, if it'll take less.

I'm also going grocery shopping for some new recipes from my new cookbook Eating Well After Weight Loss Surgery. I think I'll make scallops. They are tender and soft. There are alot of recipes in the book that looks great. But the best part of the book, the author has put a portion size with each recipe for lap band, RNY, and 'normal' portions also. It even breaks down into the weeks after surgery. It's really neat. With this book you have to remember that each Dr is different and the foods you can eat at each stage is different. So just because the book says you can have so much of a certain recipe at week 2, doesn't mean your Dr want's you to have it. I know there are many recipes I can't have until next week even though the book says for weeks 1 - 4 you can puree it. So you have to use the information that your Dr gives you along with the book.

1 comment:

  1. hey dawn,
    your doing just great hang in there. it will get better. and i know what you mean by wanting to feel texture. You will do great. and you can loose it. We are gonna have so much fun in the end buying new clothing. Know what I mean
    We miss ya. Tammy came home thurs and is doing fine and getting around well
    talk to you later

    ReplyDelete