Weight Loss Since Surgery

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Vacation part 4

Monday morning we got up early and headed out as Cliff was off to work and Christy was taking Alyssa to school. The drive wasn't too bad, but it was long. I've lost most of my "padding" and sitting for long periods of time isn't the most fun. We stopped a neat place for lunch called Cook-Out. We had seen a few of these in VA but never stopped. I'm glad we did. It's not really anything fancy.. just burgers and hot dogs. But it was neat and they have footlong hot dogs. It's been years since I've even seen them. So of course that's what I had.. although Chris ended up with half (like I knew he would). We also stopped in Comerse GA at the LODGE store. Chris and I both enjoy cast iron pans so we stopped in to see what prices they had and to rest my aching tush LOL.
We ended up getting a set that has 2 skillits, 1 griddle and a dutch oven along with a mini cornbread pan and a 12" skillet. How I'm going to make room at home is yet to be seen but I know they'll be used and used alot.
Shortly after that stop we arrived at Ricky's. Ricky and I used to be really close and since I went off to NCSA we haven't spent much time together. So its been wonderful catching up with him. Lastnight we went out to a few local stores and then to dinner at Dave and Busters. That was fun. It's like Chuckie Cheeses for adults. We played several games after dinner and then headed back to Rick's apartment. We played Phase 10 and then crashed.
Tonight is our 2nd U2 concert and I'm really looking forward to it. We get to take the Marta train to the Georgia Dome and this time it shouldn't take 2 hours to go a few miles... crossing fingers LOL

So that's it for now.. you'll all caught up on our vacation. I'm missing my furbabies alot and can't wait to see them tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment