As many of you know I got cookbooks for Christmas… I think I ended up with 8 new ones WOOHOO!!!! So yes, I’m in CB Heaven!
I have already tried several.. here are a few…
Chris bought me a Splenda Cookbook and we have tried the Tasty Teriyaki Chicken and it was wonderful.
The next recipe came from a recipe magazine that I get.. Simple and Delicious. Again… this is a keeper of a recipe.
Creamy Onion Lasagna
(Simple/Delicious Jan/Feb 2010)
1 lb ground beef, extra lean
1 jar (26oz) Roasted Garlic Parmesan spaghetti sauce (I used Ragu)
1 egg
1 cup cottage cheese (I used light)
1 carton (8oz) French Onion Dip (I used light)
1 jar (26oz) Italian sausage and garlic spaghetti sauce (I used Ragu)
12 no-cook lasagna noodles (I used reg. noodles and didn’t cook them)
3 cups (12 oz) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
Cook beef until no longer pink, drain. Stir in Roasted Garlic Parmesan sauce.
In bowl, combine egg, cottage cheese and French onion dip, mix well.
Spread 1 cup Italian Sausage sauce into a greased 13x9 baking dish.
Layer: 4 noodles, half cheese mixture, half meat mixture, 1 cup mozzarella cheese.
Repeat layers.
Top with remaining noodles, sauce and cheese.
Cover and bake at 375* for 50 minutes.
Uncover and bake 5-10 minutes longer to melt cheese.
Let stand 15 minutes before cutting.
Serves 12
(NOTE: If you use all light and extra lean.. its around 450 calories per serving.. not bad for Lasagna .. I ran it thru Master Cook to get the calories)
Tonight we’re trying 2 more new recipes.. One from the Rice Cooker CB and another from another Recipe Magazine from Taste of Home: Appetizers
Oh… I Should list my new books…
Hungry Girl: 200 Under 200: 200 Recipes Under 200 Calories
Hungry Girl Chew the Right Thing: Supreme Makeovers for 50 Foods You Crave (not really a CB… they are recipe cards in a box)
More Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives: A Drop-Top Culinary Cruise Through America's Finest and Funkiest Joints
The Ultimate Rice Cooker Cookbook: 250 No-Fail Recipes
Sushi Making Kit (With book and cd)
A Roman Cookbook
Kitchen Aid
Splenda

No comments:
Post a Comment