Today's filter went well.
I arrived at 10am and was escorted to the surgery waiting room around 1020ish.
Then the real waiting began. We were shown to my pre-op cubical. Got into the well ventilated gown and they came in started hooking me up. I had one iv in my hand and things on my legs to help circulate the blood. A small dose of heparin and given a tv remote. :)
I have no idea how many people came in and out.. but it was a bunch.
Everyone was very friendly and super nice.
My surgery was to be at 1130 and they didn't wheel me back until 1215-1230.
However, once they got started it was over very quickly.
The OR staff was great. keep me laughing the whole time, until I fell asleep.
They did intervenious sedation, not a full "but you to sleep" sedation.
I remember the Dr. coming in, saying hi and asking if I was ready.. and that was about it until I was being rolled to recovery.
Chris came and sat with me for a bit there and when all my IV fluid was in me, they tossed me out. Very different experience from Baptist Hospital a few years ago when I had my finger surgery. They acted like I was in their way and they wanted me out as quickly as possible. Here they made sure I was ready to go before they sent me home.
I was home by 230 and slept most of the afternoon. I'm a little sore, but nothing too bad.
Tomorrow I should be able to move around much better :)
Thanks everyone for keeping us in your thoughts and prayers.
Hugs and Love,
Dawn
Thursday, April 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment